Recipe Servings: 4Prep Time: 20 minutes + 20 minutes marination
Cook Time: 20 minutes + 20 minutes for marination
- This super easy recipe is always a hit with kids – tender chicken smeared with a bunch of spices and fried crisp.
- 300g chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup refined flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried mixed herbs (italian herb)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Place the chicken breast on a flat surface lined with cling wrap and hammer it with a meat mallet until you get equal thickness.
- Cut the chicken breast into 2 inch thick strips (horizontally).
- Place chicken strips in a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and mix well, ensuring the marinade gets rubbed into the chicken pieces. Keep aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the oat crumb, place oats in a food processor, and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground. Add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and herbs. Pulse to make a coarse powder and spread out in an even layer in a plate.
- To cook chicken tenders, heat a pan and brush with oil. Take each chicken strip, dredge in oat mixture and place on the hot pan, ensuring it is completely flat.
- Cook until golden brown (3-5 minutes). When cooked on one side, flip over and cook on the other.
- Serve hot and crispy.