- Forget about numbers: I have said this before and I will say it again, I am 4 forever and refuse to get too caught up in the number game. Be it age, height or weight….I refuse to think about them or let them get me down. I live my life to the fullest with lots of love. The only denomination that matters to me is the amount of love I have spread in a day. No other number has the power to last forever and ever….only LOVE.
- Be yourself: If you look around, you might see many younger people trying to be older and many older people trying to be younger. In most of these cases, it never works. It ends up looking like they are all trying too hard to be something they are not. Here’s a solution: Be yourself. Accept yourself as you are. Be all that you can be, reach for your potential, but don’t try to be anything you are not.
- Hold on to cheerful friends: Cheerful happy friends are like instant pick me ups. When I find such friends who laugh more than they complain…I hold on to them like my life depends on it…cause my Youthful heart does. Just think of the last time you sat with friends or had a chat with one such cheery friend…were any of the “forget about numbers” ever part of the conversation? I am sure it was only laughter and fun and sharing.
- Keep stimulating your mind: Learn more about the computer , crafts, gardening, whatever. Take up a hobby. Never let the brain get idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’ And the devil’s name could be Alzheimer’s! A stimulated mind is never bored and always full of happy ideas to make life full of vigor. I take up a new hobby every month, and then abandon them by the starting of the new month ;)Some that nourish me stay on for a long long time. To date I have tried glass painting, embroidery, knitting, flower making, candle making, soft toy making, Css(a computer design code), pc gaming, table tennis, walking, painting, sketching, cooking, blogging…I think I will be blogging about more of my new hobbies till I reach the wise age of 100, with my grandkids calling me their fun-loving, hip, super blogging grandma 😉
- Enjoy the simple things: Life is short and its upto us to make it sweet too! Each day presents us with amazing opportunities to enjoy life and feel young at heart. slow down. Life has a lot of simple things you can enjoy. But if you move too fast you will overlook most of them. So don’t be in a hurry. Don’t move too quick. Slow down and pay attention to the world around you. be grateful. I can’t emphasize enough how important it is. No matter how many pleasant things you do, if you don’t learn to be grateful you will always see things negatively.
- Laugh loud and often: Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her! Laughing makes you feel awesome and alive. It makes your heart physically work better thereby allowing you to enjoy the fruits of a long and loving life. Laugh with your heart, with your mind and with your soul. Let every cell in your system burst with laughter everyday.